Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sun, Soil, Water

THE MIGHTY SEED
So my son Quentin learned about plants growing at church this last Sunday. During our Sunday interview about the coming week and what he would like to learn about I asked him is he would like to plant some seeds. It was an instant "YES!" So with things we had left over from last year we collected some pots, soil from last years post and garden boxed and left over organic tomato seeds. The boys were in charge of collecting the dirt (soil) and I put their initial on their pots. The boys picked what kind of tomatoes to plant (I have a lot of fun varieties).

As we planted I talked to Quentin about what plants needed to grow. He shared that water helps plants grow bigger. During lunch I drew a picture of a potted plant and we identified what was needed to grow a plant.

We made our own little castle flag tags to mark the variety of tomatoes that they picked. The boys colored their flags how they wanted to.I also planted some in the smaller plastic containers in the back.

The boys water their plants in the morning using the squirt bottle and I check on then at night. Today is day 2. They are to take 7-10 days to sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment