Thursday, February 23, 2012

BOYs, boys and yet another boy

So I have a 7 1/2 year old son Milton, 3 year old Quentin and yet another boy along the way. Needless to say I see many adventures in my future.  In my eyes God has given me a very important stewardship over these boys to raise men who will respect women, uphold the law and to be very strong in their faith. So how do you do that now???

I would say faith is number one. Raising youth with strong core values is seriously lacking these days. As I have mentioned before I am a high school coach and I see what the world is turning out as "MEN". A little scary sometimes I must say. Boys who have very little thought for a girls or his own virtue, chivalry is pretty much gone, mouths that make we want to carry around a bar of soap and so much more.

One great resource I have found is a book titled "Raising Real Men". I would say I agree with probably 95% of it and it is a very entertaining book. It is available on audio book (how I read it) and will leave you waiting to see what is in the next chapter.


Visit their site at
raisingrealmen.com

You can also follow them on Facebook and get great little tidbits now and then. Being the oldest girl in a house with three younger brothers I am ready for the challenge. Love those boys and make them real men!

No comments:

Post a Comment